Are you planning to create your own greeting cards?
As the holiday season is always just right beyond the bend, you may want to start working on your custom greeting cards. Custom greeting cards will surely be appreciated by your friends, family and everyone who is on your mailing list. On Christmas, New Year, and during special occasions, such as birthdays, custom greeting cards will surely be a hit among your target receivers. A custom-made greeting card complete with a heartfelt message will surely chase the blues away. For those people whom you have not seen in a long time or are continents away from your, these custom greeting cards will surely make their day. If you are a design beginner who has no prior experience in design and printing of custom greeting cards, do not worry. This creative challenge can come easy for you if you only have the right attitude as well as the willingness to carry out this design process. In grade school, your art teacher may have asked you to create a custom greeting card for your parents or family. Even with just the use of a simple paper stock and your coloring materials, your greeting card was a charm. Always remember that you, too, can create custom greeting cards that can rival the professionals.
Here are your guidelines in making custom greeting cards:
- You may want to stick with the traditional size for greeting cards. You can make it rectangular-shaped or square-shaped, for example. However, you can put a twist on the usual greeting card by using a non-standard shape or even size. You may want to create a greeting card with multi-pages or multi-flaps. Use your imagination in creating one-of-a-kind design template for your custom greeting cards.
- Open your preferred design software and plot the shape or size for your custom greeting cards.
You may want to make use of the usual Microsoft Publisher or take a risk by going for Adobe applications. When making your custom greeting cards, always make sure that the design is cohesive. Do not mix and match different design elements, resulting to a disorganized or messy look for your custom greeting cards.
- If you are planning to use images, make sure that those are of high-resolution. There are a lot of sources for high resolution images. You can make use of stock photos, for example. Aside from that, you can take your own and just upload it on your computer. You can also make use of stock images over the internet. However, you need to make sure that the stock images are royalty-free. Otherwise, you may have to face copyright charges. Make sure that the images you use can be used for persona purposes.
- Aside from the content, work on your message. Even if your custom greeting cards look visually appealing, it does not mean anything to the receiver. Always keep in mind that the message is a critical component. Find time to create your own heartfelt message for your custom greeting cards. You may want to make a draft first on paper, so that you can write your thoughts in a free flow manner.
- Once you have finalized the design as well as the message for your custom greeting cards, print a sample. Check the quality of the print and make sure that there are no design errors. If you find one, make the needed revisions before you print your custom greeting cards en masse.